Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Gymnastics

It is funny to me how kids take you literally!
Example: Before we left for gymnastics on Tuesday I wanted to get some pictures of Ellie. I told her to go stand by the tree. I meant for her to still be on the driveway but over by the tree. She went all the way up to it....where the branches were just about to touch her head!


Second Example: I got Ellie this skirt when we were in PCB a few weeks ago. It has a dolphin on the front and says Panama City Beach on the back. I wanted to take a picture of her tush! I said, "Ellie turn around and let me see your tush." I meant for her to just turn around. What did I get.....


It is hard to tell in the picture, but she is sticking her tush out so far!!
The rest of the pictures will look a little weird. The parents sit outside of the room. The have a sliding glass door and then a window as well to watch. You can see the reflection of everybody watching.












Ellie LOVED gymnastics. On the way home from gymnastics, she asked if we were going back the next day. I really wish the class was two days a week. She enjoys it so much!! Her class was upstairs at the facility. You could look down and see all of the "big girls" doing the real gymnastics. Ellie was so intrigued watching them. She kept asking if she could go down there. All of the other girls could care less about the big girls, but not Ellie. She was all about it. I think we might have a future gymnasts on our hands.
Ellie's Funny Moments:
Christian used to pick Ellie up from school, but she started throwing a fit every time he did saying that she wanted me to pick her up. So, I have now been picking her up. Yesterday morning, she asked that dad pick her up. On their way home, she looked at him and said, "daddy, thank you for picking me up, but if you pick me up tomorrow, I am going to scream!" When Christian told me, I couldn't help but laugh!!
I bought Ellie a big coloring book last night at the store. I got home and gave it to her. We all colored for a little bit. After awhile, I asked her to pick her crayons up and we would go to Chick-fil-a for dinner. She was putting her crayons in the box and looked up at Christian and I and said, "mommy, I am not mad at you, but daddy I am mad at you because you keep pooting." Christian said, "I haven't pooted." Ellie looked at us with the biggest, sassiest attitude and said, "yes, you did!"
If she has this much attitude and sassiness at this age, what I am going to be dealing with when she is about 15? Pray for me!! :)

No comments: