Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 22, 2010

July 4th

On July 4th, we went to Elisa's house for a late lunch/early dinner (C's sister). We had a wonderful meal! Papa J and Mimi Mary brought their golf cart and the Cadillac Escalade that they gave the girls for Christmas. It was fun watching the girls ride in the Escalade with their shades on!!
That night we went out behind our house and watched fireworks for 2 hours! I have to say by about an hour and a half in I was done with fireworks. It was cool because we could see the fireworks from Lake Lanier, Chateau Elan, Mall of GA and the ones that our neighbors were setting off! Ellie didn't like the loud noise at first. I ran to the house and got her ear plugs that she wears in the pool and at the lake. She was good then!
Its funny too because a few weeks ago one of the older girls, Ansley, on our street was having a sleepover for her birthday. Ellie just HAD to stay. I should have taken her home with me....C and I didn't leave their house until midnight. Ellie wanted to stay so bad, so I did feel bad if I made her go home. Well, the kids finally went to sleep after 12 am. I get a call at 3 am from Cliff, Ansley's dad, saying that Ellie wanted to come home! I felt so bad! Tammie, the mom, said that she tried to get Ellie to get in bed with her, but she wouldn't. They brought her home (they only live 3 doors up), and she went right to sleep! My point is that she loves Tammie now. For the fireworks, she HAD to sit in Tammie's lap! Every time we see Tammie now she runs and gives her the biggest hug!! So cute!!
My Sweet Girl in her festive dress!


The best picture I could get of the girls with Mimi and Papa!





No comments: