Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Sad Saturday

Kaos (pink nose) and Skyler (black nose)




Skyler would always beat up on Kaos






Best Buds











I am sad to say that this past Saturday, Skyler went to doggy heaven. It was a rough morning. Skyler has always been our mischievous dog. She would dig holes throughout the backyard or under the fence to get out. Sometimes Kaos would follow, sometimes he would not. I am very thankful that he didn't follow this time. I don't think I could handle losing both. Skyler dug out sometime between Friday night and Saturday morning. She was very determined....she moved a center block to get out! We had no idea that she was out until Saturday morning when I found her. Definitely a bad surprise! We miss Skyler a lot....definitely Kaos. He has been moping around. I feel bad for him.


Ellie is doing really well with it. It all happened so fast that I didn't have time to think about what to say. At first I told Ellie that Skyler was hit and that she went to heaven. Then I realized about an hour later this might be too much for a three year old, so I told her that Skyler ran away and we couldn't find her. She is a smart girl though. Every once in a while she will say, "Skyler ran in the street and got hurt. We don't run in the street. We will get hurt." I am glad that she understands the bad things that can happen if she ran into the street.


On a lighter note....funny things that Ellie has said lately.


Last night we had Mexican for dinner. We were on our way home and Christian said that he ate to much and that he might throw up. Ellie said, Daddy when you throw up, I throw up!


I was giving Ellie a bath last night and some shampoo got in her eye. We washed it out and she seemed to be fine. A few minutes later she told me that her eye still hurt. All of a sudden Ellie screamed out, "Eye! Stop hurting!!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So sorry about your loss. I cannot imagine how hard it has been. We will be praying for all of you. I know our dogs are a big part of our families.