Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Ellie's Burn

About an hour after it happened

Two days later





Turn your volume up. Its kind of hard to hear.


We had a great holiday weekend! Ellie and Braxton spent Friday night with mom and dad. Christian and I hung around the house and got some things done.

Monday afternoon we went to a friends house. Chris was grilling some food. We had told Ellie that the grill was very hot and not to touch it or go by it. She had done good all night and not gone by it. She was standing behind Christian's chair and I guess didn't realize how close she was to the grill. She started backing up and bumped right into the grill. I immediately ran for this skin conditioning oil from Arbonne that I have. I swear by it!! I have one in my purse and one at the house. She cried for about 45 minutes. As big as the burn was, I wondered if she was going to sleep good that night. She really did great though. She was back to herself after about an hour. She hasn't even noticed it since. I felt awful. To see her in so much pain, an not be able to do anything. The oil helps so much, but it does still burn for a little bit.

I wish I would have gotten a video of the conversation we had before this one. It was so cute. I think her facial expressions are what make it so great.

1 comment:

kharner said...

Ouch! I hope the "magic potion" works it's magic and that there is no scar. Poor Ellie!