Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, October 16, 2009

We have Moved!!






I am very excited to say we have moved! I will try to give you a short version.




Christian has been playing golf in a neighborhood called Reunion Country Club for probably about a year now. He has said before that he would love to live in this neighborhood. They have incredible amenities. I didn't think anything about it because Christian will bring things up and then never act. This is a great trait, but never know when he is serious!!



The last Monday in August, Christian called me and told me he wanted me to go look at this house in Reunion. That night, we went and looked at it. I thought it was a beautiful home but really didn't think Christian would act on it (love you honey)! Christian and I talked about the house. We were both in love with it and head over heels for the neighborhood. The neighborhood has over 100 events a month. It was definitely a neighborhood we could see ourselves in.




On Tuesday, September 1 we put our current house up for sale. On the following Saturday, we placed an offer on the new house (Labor Day weekend). I know most people probably thought we were crazy taking the risk of carrying two houses, but it was something we were willing to do. I had also told Christian that if this was meant to be, everything would fall into place.



We were SO LUCKY and GRATEFUL we had two couples look at the house. Both came to look a second time. The second couple looked at the house on Sunday, September 13 they made an offer the following day.



We closed on our new house on Wednesday, September 30. We moved in that weekend. It is a 4 bedroom, 3.5 bath. It has a great playroom for Ellie and an incredible master bedroom/bath for Christian and I. The best thing about it is that there are children that live on both sides of us and the entire street.




When Christian did the walk thru with the builder, who also lives in the neighborhood, he said that for some reason (not planned) the street that we live on is filled with kids. I am so excited. Every time we would come see the house there were kids playing in the yards. We NEVER saw this in our old neighborhood. Ellie cant wait to get home at night and play. The kids love her. They have come over a couple of times and asked if she could come out and play!! She is playing so hard at night that some things have changed for the better....she is eating like crazy. Ellie has always been a good eater, but it is better than ever now. The best is that she is sleeping so good at night. I was really worried about her in the new room. We still do have a few issues getting her to go down, but once she is asleep, she is sleeping through the night! Yay!!


Here are some pics of the new house:
















1 comment:

Lisa Stamper said...

Hey Stephanie, I love your new house! I'm so excited for you & Christian! It sure gives you overwhelming peace when your little ones are happy! Blessings, Lisa Stamper