Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, March 06, 2009

Snow Day in Atlanta


Front of the house....obviously!







View of our street







Backyard view






Daddy with his make shift snow cap! Its a dish towel under his hat!

Ellie Belle!





Mommy and Ellie





It has definitely been an interesting week her in Atlanta. Sunday around lunch time it started snowing. It didnt stop until that evening around 7ish. Some parts of our county got 4 inches of snow. I think we got about 3 inches.



It had just began to snow when Ellie and I took a nap. I walk up about an hour later. Everything was covered in snow. I couldnt believe how much it had snowed in an hour. Ellie slept for another hour. It was one of the few times that Ellie took a two hour nap! I kept going in our room and looking in the video monitor to see if she was stirring yet. She finally woke up, so we went to play in the snow. We didnt last too long! It was so cold and Ellie didnt like it when she fell down. She is definitely a summer girl.



Starting this past Monday, I had jury duty! As a side note, about ten years ago when I had jury duty, it had snowed as well. I just thought that was funny. Anyway, so a lot of schools were closed on Monday because of the ice on the roads. I got up like it was a typical day. I checked the news channel and Legacy, Ellie's school, was not on the list. I assumed they were open. I put her in the car and off we go. As soon as I pull up to daycare, I notice there were no lights on and the director was out putting a sign up that said "Closed Monday." Typically, this wouldnt have been an issue. I would have just stayed home with Ellie, but I had JD and it had not been cancelled. I had to report at 1 pm. Thankfully, Denise was off since the schools were closed. Ellie and I met up with Richard and he took her back to their house. A play day with Braxton. She was so excited. Below is a picture that Denise took.


Denise said that they were riding in the Jeep and the wheels kept spinning, so Braxton and Ellie decided they needed to fix the Jeep!!
As far as JD goes, I was selected as Juror #2 on a criminal case. I was completely shocked. They ask you if you know anybody that is cop, has been a cop, etc. I know 3: My uncle is a retired cop, Christian's best friend, Greg, is an undercover agent with Gwinett County (the county we live in) and my best friend Keri's husband, Brendon, is also a Gwinnett County cop. I hear stories all the time from Greg and Brendon. The lawyers even asked if I had heard stories. I was sure that since I knew the two of them that I wasnt going to be picked! Nope!! I was!!
It was actually a very interesting process.....beside a lot of waiting. The guy was charged with hijacking a motor vehicle, possession of a firearm in the commission of a felony, and theft by receiving stolen property. We found him guilty on all three charges. He will now be in prison for the next 15 years!!
Another thing that was very interesting was that as all of the jurors were leaving the courthouse, we were able to stop and talk to the lawyers. They were so nice. They were asking us what we thought about the trial, what made us side the way we did. We also learned that it was the DA's first trial!

No comments: