Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Golf

Christian started playing golf about two years ago. He would play a couple of times a year. A few weeks ago he came home from playing golf and said he wanted to really get into golf. I thought it was great. He doesn't hunt anymore, so I thought this would be a good way for him to have some guy time.


A few days later Christian came home with this big net thing. He first put it up on the side of our house facing the neighbors...cars and houses. He would hit the ball at full force. I had asked him if this was the smartest thing to do and he said that the balls will not go under the net. The only way there would be a problem is if he hit it over the net. He had hit several balls and they were caught by the net. Well, the last one didn't. We are not quite sure where it went. It is still missing!


The next night, Christian put the net in front of Ellie's bedroom window. Let me just add that Ellie's window is a very large window. I am thinking...Great! We are going to be replacing a window here shortly. I believe his second swing went under the net. This is the damage.....




This is a nice size hole in our siding! It is problem the size of a softball if not a little bigger. I am thankful that it didn't hit her window. Her window is less than a foot away from this hole! Let me also mention that my husband already has 5 pieces of siding to replace in the back of our house from grilling. Note: you need to move your grill away from your house when you grill. Otherwise, it melts the siding!


After this incident, Christian moved his net to the other side of our house. I think this is a much better location.


Christian was out at this same spot last night. I was looking at the side of our house thinking about how much we need to wash the house. Yeah, I noticed another hole in the siding. It is really small and probably would look more like dirt than anything. I would have thought it was dirt, but knowing his luck so far I asked him. He is about to be banned from playing golf anywhere around the house!! Men!!

No comments: