Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, November 14, 2008

ENT Follow-up

This picture was taken 1/17/2008

This picture was taking 10/17/2008


I cant believe how much she has changed in 9 months. In the first picture, her face has baby features in it. In the second picture, she looks like a little girl. She is growing up way too fast.

Christian took Ellie to the ENT yesterday.

Bad News:
She still has an ear infection, which Christian and I already knew.

Good News:
They did a hearing test on her and the doctor said it was better than what he thought it would be considering what her ears looked like.

Bad News:
She is going to have to go under anesthesia again.

Good News:
She is getting a new set of tubes that have some sort of "wings" on them. There is only a 5% chance that they will fall out. They will be in her ears for approximately 3 years.

Bad News:
She will have to have surgery to remove the new tubes...unless she is in that 5%.

Overall, we are glad but frustrated that she is getting another set of tubes. She does great when they are in. She doesn't get the infections until they are falling out (which is what they are doing now) or when they are completely out.

For some reason last night Ellie kept waking up. Finally, after the 4th or 5th time of her waking up, I scooped her up and took her to the spare bedroom with me. She slept great the rest of the night. However, I learned that she talks in her sleep, a lot. I also got several sweet kisses throughout the night.

She was up at 5:15 am. I was just getting out of the shower. I gave her hugs and asked her if she had a rough night. She said no. I said, yes you did because you kept mommy up most of the night. She looked at me and said, I'm sorry mommy! Ugh! How sweet was that!! I told her she didn't have to apologize to me. That's what mommy's are for! She is so sweet!! Hopefully, tonight will be better.

No comments: