Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Head Injury

I received a call on Friday right about noon from daycare. It was Ellie's teacher, Tracy. She said that Ellie had been hit in the head with a wood block. She said it looked really bad and didn't want to scare me, but she thought Ellie might have a concussion. I told her I was going to call her pediatrician and then be on my way to get her. I talked to the doctors office, and they said that I needed to evaluate her. They said to find out if she passed out when it happened, if she was sick to her stomach, had any dizziness or stumbling. If she did had any of these symptoms, then I needed to take her straight to the emergency room.

I got to daycare and Ellie was running around playing with her friends. I do have to say it looked awful. The pictures really don't show how big of an "egg" she had on her head. Tracy said that it looked better than it did when it first happened. They had put ice on it for about 15 minutes.




By the time we got home it was about 12:45. It was time for Ellie's nap, but I wanted her stay up for another hour just to make sure she was okay. She was so tired. I felt awful for her. It was hard trying to entertain her when all she wanted to do was take a nap. I took her outside, so she could ride her car. She loves to do this. She wasn't so thrilled about it on Friday though.



Sour puss face!
After an hour of me being with her, I let her take a nap. She slept for 2 and 1/2 hours. She was so tired. Her head looks a lot better now. I expected it to bruise really bad, but it never did.

No comments: