Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Sick Little Girl!



Ellie has been a sick little girl the past few days. Ellie and I spent Saturday at mom and dad's. Denise and mom noticed that Ellie's cheeks were really red. When I got her home, I took her temperature. It was 103.4! WOW! She has never had a temperature before. So, I called the doctor, and they told me that we had to take her into the ER. So, we spent about 5 hours in the ER with her. She had to have a catheter, so they could see if she had a UTI. Little girls can get UTI's very easily. Thankfully, the test came back negative. They said she just had a cold that was causing the fever.
Sunday she was fine until about 5. She started running a fever again...102.9. I decided that she should stay home from daycare on Monday. Well, Monday morning she woke up and looked pitiful. Her eyes were swollen. I took her to her doctor and they said she had pink eye, which moved to the other eye later that day, an ear infection and a cold! I felt so bad for her Monday and Tuesday. She would play for about 5 or 10 minutes and then she would just cry!
These pictures look like she just woke up, but she didn't. Her little eyes were swollen from the pink eye! Thankfully, she is better now, but I think she is finally about to get her top 2 teeth! Poor little Ellie has had a rough week!

No comments: