Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Ellie Update

I thought I would post more about Ellie and how she is! She is wonderful...growing like a weed, talking up a storm, and NEVER stops until her head hits the pillow.

Ellie loves The Backyardigans, Shrek, brushing her teeth, bubble baths, gummies (fruit chews), noo-noos (noodles), pizza, peas, going outside and long walks on the beach. Just kidding on that last one.

Ellie is a happy little girl. When she is hungry, she gets cranky. As soon as she eats, she is happy again. I dont think she has hit the terrible twos yet. When she doesn't get her way, she lets you know but its short lived for the most part.

Ellie is a hit at daycare. She recently moved up to Senior Toddlers. Before she was in Junior Toddlers. One of her teachers told us that 4 other parents would not let their child move to Senior Toddlers until Ellie moved up! We have ourselves a social butterfly on our hands.

A few cute things she has done lately:

  • We were at a friends lake house this weekend. She was walking up the dock to the house. She turned around a stuck her finger up and said, "I be right back, stay mommy. I be right back!" I couldn't help but laugh! Where did that come from?
  • I got home yesterday and picked her up to love on her. I felt her diaper and it felt full. I said, Ellie do you need a diaper change? She said, yes,stinky. Daddy turn! That's my girl!
  • Christian got home with Ellie yesterday and went to change her diaper. She proceeded to climb up her changing table with no help! Knock on wood, she hasn't tried to climb out of her crib. I have no desire to move her to a big girl bed. She is in her crib, shes not too big for it, and I know she is safe. If she goes to a big girl bed, I know we will have to clear out her room and put a gate at the door. I am in no hurry for any of that.
  • Last night we were sitting here (seems to be a pattern here.....she learned a few things yesterday) and all of a sudden Ellie started singing, Where is pinky, where is pinky? It didn't sound like that, but she had the tune. I called mom and she couldn't remember what song it was. I went to the internet and finally figured out what she was singing. She was so excited when she heard me singing it.

I hope everybody has a happy and safe 4th of July.

No comments: