Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Potty Training Time...


Ellie has been interested in the potty for several months now. They have been letting her use the potty at school. She has actually gone in it a couple of times....every once in a while. I hadn't really thought about trying to really potty train her because I thought she was still too young. I didnt think that she would be able to tell me when she needed to go.
Well, two nights ago Ellie said 'potty' and then ran to the bathroom. So, I went off with her to the bathroom. I couldnt believe it she actually went potty in the potty. About fifteen minutes later she wanted to go again, so off we went. She went potty 3 times that night. Last night she went 4 times. She had a dry diaper from 6:30ish till she went to bed at 8 pm. I was so excited!! Its funny because I am the one that takes her to the bathroom. Once she goes, she calls out for Christian, "daddy, daddy!" She knows all about being praised and she wants it!!
With all of that being said, I guess we will be potty training Ellie here in the next few weeks. I can't believe it is that time already. I was thinking when she was closer to two, but since she is so interested in it now...we will begin the journey!!

No comments: